|Source||Euro-Toques young chef 30th anniversary Potato boxty, St tola cheese and local crab By Jack Lenards Winner 2018|
|Prep time||30 minutes|
|Cooking time||1 hour|
|Total time||1 hour, 30 minutes|
A yummy recipe from a brilliant young chef.
For the boxty
The first 7 ingredients on the list from Mashe potatoe to 8g salt
- First bake the potato in the oven till cooked. Once cooked pass your potato pulp through a sieve or ricer, weigh out 155g and reserve.
- Whisk all the eggs together in one bowl and reserve.
- Finally combine all ingredients into one bowl and whisk together until you form a smooth batter.
- For cooking, simply heat up a large frying pan with a generous about of clarified butter pour in your batter and allow the pancake to cook for 1 min on medium heat.
- Finally finish in the oven at 180°C until cooked.
- Flip it out onto your plate.
For the Crab
Simply just combine all ingredients (so the next 6 ingredients from picked crab to pinch of pepper) in one bowl and reserve.
- Once your boxty is cooked spread your crab mix over you boxty
For the cheese
- Simply combine all ingredients (the last 4 ingredients) in a bowl and reserve.
- When your boxty is cooked and your crab is then spread on top, finish with your goats cheese
- Sprinkle over the rest of the chives and enjoy.