|Prep time||30 minutes|
|Total time||30 minutes|
A simple recipe that makes a light starter or as part of a range of tapas.
50 millilitersOlive Oil
70 gramsFlaked Almonds
100 gramsSt Tola Soft Cheese
1 bunchFresh Rocket
1 pinchSalt and Pepper
- Cut the aubergines lengthways into 1cm (1/2in) thick slices.
- Lay them on a cooling rack and sprinkle over some salt. Leave for about 10 minutes and then turn them over and repeat on the other side. This takes out all the extra moisture so they don’t become soggy after being fried. You will notice that drops of water appear on the aubergine - wipe them off with a clean cloth or paper towel.
- Place a frying pan over a high heat and pour in the olive oil, about 2.5cm (1in) deep. When the oil is hot, fry the aubergines until light brown on both sides. Transfer to a cooling rack and leave to drain.
- Place a dry frying pan over a medium heat and lightly toast the flaked almonds, tossing them all the time.
- Place the aubergines on a board and add a small spoonful of soft goat’s cheese to the top of each one with a sprinkle of flaked almonds. Season with salt and pepper, add a few sprigs of rocket and roll up like a sausage roll!