|Prep time||1 hour|
|Total time||1 hour|
A super smart Spanish tapas recipe. Serves 8 small tapas, enough for 4 hungry persons!
1. Fry the onions over a medium heat in olive oil until really soft and sloppy
2. Drain the excess oil, add the sugar and stir until blended over a low heat for about 8 mins until caramelised.
3. Arrange onions on a plate and refridgerate for 1/2 hour.
4. Take the soft St Tola and for into 8 equal balls. Dip each one into the egg and then into the flour.
5. Heat enough oil to cover the bottom of a pan. Fry the balls in this just long enough to get a golden colour.
6. Remove onions from fridge and place the fried St Tola in the middle. Drizzle honey over everything and sprinkle with finely chopped parsley and decorate with chive stalks.
Serve with a glass of Manzanilla sherry.