|Source||The Perfect Recipe by authors of Cooks Illustrated Magazine.|
|Prep time||3 hours|
|Total time||3 hours|
Perfect dry New York Style Baked Cheesecake. Indulgent and wicked!
This is a very rich cheese cake. Best served with a glass of champagne and some strawberries.
1. Bash biscuits with a rolling pin or mince in a food processor into crumbs and mix with the melted butter.
2. Line the cake tin with greaseproof paper, press the crumb mixture into it and chill for one hour.
3. Now pre-heat oven to 260C or gas Mark 8.
4. The rest of the recipe works best if done in a processor but can be done by hand also.
5. Beat cheese until soft, add suggar and beat again until it is all dissolved.
6. Add eggs one at a time, making sure each egg is mixed in well before adding the next.
7. Add cream, sour cream, vanilla extract, lemon peel and juice and mix well.
8. Pour over the biscuit base and bake in the hot oven for 10 mins only.
9. After 10 mins, open the door of the oven wide, turn down the tempreture to 150C or gas mark 1 and wait for the tempreture to drop. (wafting the open door will help this!)
10. When oven has cooled, continue to cook for 1 hour or so. To test, tap on the side of the tin, the outside should be firm but the centre should wobble
11. Turn off the oven, open door and keep ajar and leave the cake in the cooling oven for a few hours.
12. Refridgerate overnight. Cake should shrink back from the edge making it easy to take out.